Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Try This! Vegtable broth

As I attempt to become a better and healthier cook, I think mastering some basic skills is important.  I'd never made my own broth before and was a little exhausted from the process, but I'm proud of my accomplishment and relieved to know exactly what's in it.
  • In a large pot combine 1 large chopped onion, 6 chopped carrots, 1/2 head of chopped celery, 1 halved head of garlic, 2 chopped large sweet potatoes and 12 cups water. Bring water to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
  • Add 4 cups of spinach and 1/2 cup of parsley and simmer 5 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper.
  • Strain the liquid and discard the vegetables.
This broth is a flavorful base packed that's packed with nutrients from all the vegetables.

What do you put in your broth?

No comments:

Post a Comment